Monday 9 October 2023

100 not out!

It's my centenary! Yes indeed, my latest vlog episode marks my 100th video on Youtube! 

That's 100 video diaries in which I forage for wild edibles, philosophise about the world, make art, and comment on the passing of the seasons and changes in the natural world. I've watched Morris Dancers bringing in the May, curious Cornish folk festivals, and visited various places around the UK. And Harris the pug has chuffed along with me for most of them (and peed on anything he can reach). 

Today we have acorns, spindle trees, Muntjac carnage and the curious tale of the fashionista foxes ... 


I still don't have a massive following and my videos don't get so many views - but that's fine. I created this channel to download a lot of what's in my head. 

My father died unexpectedly in 1991 when he was just 51. There are so many questions I wish I could ask him today (I'm now 11 years older than he ever got to be). I'd like to think that, after I'm gone, my kids and grandkids might learn a little from these little films. At the very east they'll be able to still see and hear the old duffer they knew. 

So here's to a hundred more!


No comments:

Post a Comment