Wednesday 21 June 2023

Happy birthday to Colganology2

Blessed Litha!

And happy anniversary to me.

Exactly one year ago today I backed up and then deleted all of my previous blogs - 15 years of content - and created this new blog. The reasons why are explained here in my first ever blogpost. It was a huge upset but it was necessary, sadly.

But now a year has passed by and, 619 blogposts later, I'm still in business! 

That makes me happy. 

I've written about folk music and traditions, notable dates and fascinating ceremonies. I've championed the work of many British artists - some living, some who have left us. I've taken you foraging and shown you some of the safer plants, berries and flowers that you can eat and enjoy for free. We've visited towns and other places of note. And I started a Youtube channel to post video blogs - though they also get posted here too.

And now that the Wheel of the Year has fully turned and the Summer Solstice is upon us again, it's time to look forward to Blog Year 2.

Basically, it'll be more of the same. Though maybe not quite so much content. I'm now working on a new book. And in September I start studying for a Masters Degree.

But I'll post as often as I can about things I find interesting and that I hope you might find interesting too.

Thanks for sticking with me.





No comments:

Post a Comment