Friday 25 August 2023

Making a dragon mask from junk

Does what it says on the tin!
   

Some notes:

This was the first time I've made a mask using cardboard and papier mache. I did not take into account that (a) the cardboard would get wet from the papier mache coat and would deform in places - especially around the jaw, and (b) that as the cardboard and papier mache dried the whole structure would shrink slightly - thankfully I have a large head so most adults could still wear it.

The eyes were made from cup lids from a local coffee shop. I had to rely on my friends and family here as I don't drink coffee. The pupils and the nostrils were made from wheels off a charity shop wooden toy train (£2). Other than that, it's all waste cardboard.

I've learned a lot from doing this.

The next mask will be better.


No comments:

Post a Comment