Wednesday 16 August 2023

Oh the Horror!

Cartoonist Mark Stafford posted this on Facebook yesterday ...

'Aw damn. For years I've been meaning to scan a little book of puppets that I found in a charity shop. A thing I was reminded to do whenever I came across it, just needed to put time aside to do the task. I needed to do this because the whole book was chock full of hideous nightmare fuel that just had to be shared with the world. Well I just found it again, but it had, unbeknownst to me, fallen to the floor and gotten soaked when the fridge defrosted a while back. Its glossy pages are now set into a solid block of card, its pages never to be opened again. I can only show you a scan of the back cover as an indication of what was within. And regret. (shakes fist at sky).'

Well, it just so happens that I have a copy of the book - Puppets, published in 1969 by Leisure Crafts.



And here's some of that 'Nightmare Fuel' that Mark mentioned. Enjoy!

















No comments:

Post a Comment