Wednesday 24 January 2024

A Fantasy Train Project - Part 2

Waaaaay back in April 2023 I posted about a fantasy train model that I was scratchbuilding from junk (see here). 

Here's what I eventually made.


I was pretty pleased with it and it went on display in a toy/hobby/craft shop for a few months. But the shop then closed down and the model is back home with me. And, sadly, it has suffered a little. Both of the characters I sculpted broke when I dropped them so I binned them or recycled parts of them into my May Parade characters (see here). 

And that got me thinking ...

Could I now recycle the train for the May Parade project? I reckon so!

I can tweak it and add a few changes here and there. I could make some new characters to drive it. And it would certainly form a striking centrepiece for the parade. 

After all, many events feature floats and traction engines. And Steam Fairs take place in pretty much every county in the UK. In Camborne, Cornwall, on Trevithick Day (last Saturday in April) they drive around the streets in a replica of the great engineer's pioneering steam engine - the Puffing Devil.


So ... watch this space for developments ...


No comments:

Post a Comment