Thursday 18 January 2024

Rabbit Snare

A new character for the May Parade art project - a snare drummer in a rabbit mask based on an old sketch in a notebook. 

Rabbit ... snare ... get it?

I began with an armature of wire and kitchen foil which I then covered with a layer of Super Sculpey.




I started to add details using a mix of Super Sculpey and the more flexible Cosclay. Then I gave it a first bake in the oven.




The drum was made from a deodorant cap, toothpicks and a big washer.

Once I finished the sculpt I gave it a final bake before attaching the drum - which could not be baked of course as it would have melted.





Then, because I had some spare clay, I made a bunny on a pull-along trolly. As you do.


I sprayed the whole figure with black primer and gave it a gold dusting to simulate bronze. And we're done.









No comments:

Post a Comment