Monday 27 February 2023

Welcome to the inside of my head

I've lost count of the times someone has said to me, 'I wish I knew what goes on inside your head.' 

Well, I can show you.  

Back in 2007 I helped out a friend by taking part in a research project for the National Epilepsy Society. Sounds grand eh? Actually all I did was lie around inside an MRI scanner while really clever people asked me questions and set me tasks. Meanwhile, the scanner created images of brain activity (if any) occurring inside my skull. 

I was a 'control sample' you see. By comparing my brain to those of people living with Epilepsy, it was hoped that the project might reveal possible new strategies for reducing the number of incidents a person suffers. 

The payoff was that I got to keep a bunch of photos. How many of you can say that you have photos of the inside of your head, eh? 

If you can't figure it out the views are (from l to r) view from the back, side and top of my bonce.
Wait ... that last image ...
   


No comments:

Post a Comment