Monday 11 December 2023

A new arts project?

A new meandering miscellany video and talk of a new arts project. 


I like the idea of photographing the same spot over a period of time. I have tried it before. Back in the 1980s I was a frequent visitor to Black Park in Iver, Buckinghamshire. The park backs on to Pinewood Studios and every Carry On film, every Hammer Horror and several Harry Potter films have used the location (oh, and Kate Bush's Breathing video too). There was one tree that grew at the edge of the lake that I loved and I decided to photograph it from the same spot (ish) in every season.

Winter was fine - I even caught the lake when it was frozen.


Spring was good too. And Summer.



But then came a hurricane force storm in the Autumn and, all of a sudden, the tree was no longer there. Grrr.


I've tried a similar thing mnore recently with a young-ish (around 40 years old) oak tree and I have caught it in all four seasons.





So now I'm turning my attentions to the big farm field that sits next to our local meadows. The farmer is planning to fence it off and put sheep on it in the Spring. I rather like the idea of watching how the field develops. It's a view I've photographed many times before (see below). So another 365 photos won't be an effort as I walk there almost every day.





Watch this space ...


No comments:

Post a Comment