Monday 3 April 2023

Close Encounters

Yesterday turned out to be a lovely sunny day so I decided to take my clip-on smartphone macro lens with me on my afternoon dog walk. 


There are so many interesting things to photograph now that Spring is here. I started with some lichens. We walk past these things all the time and never stop to look at how fascinating their structures are.



I particularly liked the tiny cups of these grey lichen on the surface of a young Ash tree. You get no hint of the texture from a distance.



 The buds on the Ash tree are bursting into leaf - it was fun to get an image almost from inside the buds.




There were buds and new flowers on the Blackthorn too.



And the Elderflowers won't be long in coming.


I found a tiny spider inside the trumpet of a Daffodil.



And here are a few other shots of Cleavers, Ivy, Goat Willow, Cherry, Teasels and various other wildflowers.











And I found a bed of Wild Garlic too! 

So, all in all, a very enjoyable walk.






No comments:

Post a Comment