Sunday 30 April 2023

Vlog - Belfast (Part 1)

I was invited to speak at a conference on Problem solving, behavioural insights and crime science hosted by the Police Service of Northern Ireland. The nice thing about this is that I got to make a whistle-stop visit to Belfast and, once the conference was done, I had a good day and a half to explore and visit some places. 

It began with a ride around with PSNI officers to visit some of the areas most affected by The Troubles. The famous murals are extraordinary.
Then, once the conference was done, I could relax and take a stroll into the city. I made my way down to the River Lagan and the old docks where, famously, the Titanic was built. I then visited the 'Titanic Experience' which, it must be said, is very good. It tells the story of the ship's construction, the disaster, and the efforts made to locate the wreck. And there are a few poignant reminders on display, such as a  deckchair, life jacket, a White Star Line tea service, a violin and more.













There's some great street art in the city. There are some nice galleries too. I visited the MAC to see a couple of new exhibitions.

Here's a video of the day:



No comments:

Post a Comment