Saturday 6 May 2023

Leeky Bells

I decided I'd risk a short walk before the Coronation kicked off. My back is still quite painful but better than it was. And it sometimes helps to stretch a little.

I think it helped. It certainly helped mentally. The woods nearby are looking wonderful (though these photos are from earlier in the week when the sun was shining). 



The Arum Lilies, aka Cuckoo Pint or Lords and Ladies, are starting to flower (technically not a flower but a spadix). I wrote about this lovely but poisonous plant here.


I also found a nice little bed of Three-Cornered Leek plants - one of my favourite wild edibles.



Three-Cornered Leek (Allium triquetrum), also known as Snowbell, or Three-cornered Garlic, is easy to identify. As the name suggests, it smells and tastes something like a leek or an onion and the stems are distinctly triangular. 

No picking for me though! 

Bending still hurts.


No comments:

Post a Comment