Monday 15 May 2023

Scotland - Day 2

The day began with breakfast, followed by a trip into Aberfeldy to buy in some supplies. That meant passing through this deliciously-named village. I'm told that it's also twinned with Bland in Australia.

After that, It was a drive down to the river Lyon to have my first go at fly fishing. 

In the past decade, they have re-introduced beavers to this part of Scotland and although we didn't spot any of the animals, there were signs of their activity all around us. 




Sadly, we didn't see any fish either although there was a fair bit of activity in the deeper pools. Two of my fishing chums caught a brown trout each on a different part of the river but we were unlucky. That said, I am still trying to master the art of casting a fly. The fish are safe for a while I reckon.





Meanwhile, the hours passed by and I hardly noticed as the scenery here is breath-taking. 

I was reminded of the words of Herbert Hoover: 'The gods do not deduct from Man's allotted span the hours spent fishing.'


No comments:

Post a Comment