Wednesday 31 May 2023

Vlog: Mindfulness

I didn't really buy in to the whole 'mindfulness' thing until the Covid lockdowns. As an escape from the house (and to get fitter) I started to take longer walks in the countryside. At the same time, I was reading books by people like Jeremy Lent, Florence Williams and Merlin Sheldrake that explained how science was 'catching up' with what spiritual people already knew - that we are part of an amazingly complex and intricate web of connections created by Nature. And recognising that link and re-establishing a relationship with the natural world is physically and mentally good for us.

It's certainly made me appreciate the value of sometimes doing nothing more than taking in a good view or 'forest bathing' (I wrote more on this subject here).

Here's a short video:



No comments:

Post a Comment